What is the Prostate Gland?
The prostate gland is part of the male reproductive system as shown on the right. The prostate makes a fluid that mixes with sperm and other fluids during ejaculation. A normal prostate is about the size of a nutmeg.
What is Prostate Cancer?
Cancer is when cells in the body grow out of control. Prostate cancer is a group of abnormal cells in the prostate. Prostate cancer can be aggressive, which means it grows quickly and spreads to other parts of the body.
Male Reproductive System
Possible Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
Call your doctor if you have any of these symptoms:
• Difficulty starting to urinate
• Less force to the stream of urine
• Dribbling after you finish urinating
• Frequent urination
• Blood or pus in the urine
• Pain or burning feeling while urinating
• Pain with ejaculation
• Hip or back pain that does not go away over time